Sink your toes into our gorgeous thick fluffy genuine flokati rugs which are made especially for us in Greece.
Our natural flokati rugs (off-white/ivory in colour) are luxuriously thick and made from superior quality New Zealand wool. These rugs are a heavy 2000gsm quality so choose us if you want a flokati of the very best quality and superior touch.
If you are comparing prices with other stores, please note that most other rugs on Amazon are of lighter construction, some as low as 1300gsm. The photos are unlikely to represent the actual rugs. If the weight is not stated in the listings, ask the seller.
The size quoted is measured on the backing of the rug. Add approx 10 cm for the fully covered area.
As with all hand-crafted carpets, the edges of the flokatis are never exactly straight. This only adds to their charm.
Please note that as these rugs can slip on some floors, we recommend our anti-slip underlays for these rugs. Look for our listings on Amazon for more information on the 4 different types of underlays that we stock.
Washing flokati rugs
- Flokatis are highly resistant to dirt and stains. Cleaning flokatis is very simple. If your flokati is not very dirty, it can just be shaken and brushed. Dirt and dust do not cling to flokati wool fibres.
- If more dirty, after shaking, hand-wash using the mildest of soaps designed for wool products in very small quantities, in cold or lukewarm water.
- Avoid high water temperatures and chlorine bleach. Dry cleaning must be avoided. The chemicals used for dry cleaning can destroy the natural protective surface of the wool.
- After letting continuously running water rinse the flokati for a short time, leave out to dry on a line. When dry, the flokati can be brushed or left as is with its new, fresh fluffiness.
- Washing a flokati rug properly does not damage the rug.
Luxuriously thick and made in Greece from superior quality New Zealand wool. Cheaper flokatis are made with rough Greek wool.
These rugs are a thick 2000gsm quality so choose us if you want a flokati of the very best quality and superior touch.
Flokatis are highly resistant to dirt and stains. Dirt and dust do not cling to flokati wool fibres.
Natural, off-white colour